My new book on IBS, co-authored with dietitian Julie Thompson, was released on 16th November 2017.
What’s the book about?
Up to 20% of the population have Irritable Bowel Syndrome, which often results in discomfort, pain, embarrassment, and social withdrawal.
With a positive, can-do approach, this new book guides the reader through all the key evidence-based advice on managing IBS — especially in relation to diet.
Topics covered include:
- IBS — past and present
- Digestion — how it works
- Diagnosing IBS — could it be something else?
- IBS triggers — FODMAPs and beyond!
- Diets and diet trends — gluten-free, dairy-free, veganism, raw, paleo, detox and more
- Managing changes in diets — shopping low FODMAP and ‘free from’
- Lifestyle changes — drinking, smoking, sleep, exercise, relaxation and more
With added recipes, useful addresses / websites, a listing of specialist food producers, and much more besides, this essential guide will empower and equip all those with IBS to live life to the full.
“Clear. Thoughtful. Informative.”
Vicky Anne Grant, IBS researcher and patient advocate.
“Crammed with information … clear advice on the best ways to manage symptoms … trustworthy and reassuring”
Pat Schooling, Action Against Allergy